Sr. Level Designer
25 days ago
T-Minus Zero is a new, first-party, remote first studio formed by veteran game developers. Our mission is to build epic, immersive action games where players from around the world play together to form strong vibrant communities around our games. Our studio culture begins with implicit trust in everyone we hire. We are an open, friendly, mature, and highly collaborative environment that expertly balances quality of life with quality of work. We are looking for people who have a passion for making great player experiences. If you are looking for new opportunities check out all our open positions to see if there's a match for you.
T-Minus Zero is seeking a Senior Level Designer to join our team as a key contributor in the creation of our brand-new AAA game & IP. You will work closely with the Lead Level Designer and other members of the Design team to define our playspaces, development pipeline, and metric standards for the game.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be both a guide as well as collaborator for fellow teammates across all disciplines. Most of your time will be spent hands-on in the tools creating engaging playspaces that inspire and challenge players. In addition, you will communicate your design goals, requirements, and feedback to other teammates to ensure success. As the team grows, you will be expected to help mentor and assist more junior team members. This is a special opportunity with a very talented team. We look forward to seeing your application!
- Develop easy to understand design goals that support the creative direction of the game.
- Produce documentation and other supporting materials to communicate design goals and requirements.
- Work in the Unreal Engine to build fun, performant gameplay spaces utilizing the game’s mechanics.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, animators, artists, sound designers and others to ensure a high-quality cohesive experience for players.
- Champion inclusive and accessible gameplay experiences.
- Drive an iterative development cycle - oversee playtests to seek feedback and identify practical solutions to problems.
- 5+ years of professional game design experience.
- Expert knowledge in level design and the process required to make shippable playable content in AAA multiplayer games.
Proficiency in Unreal Engine and its various tools and systems.
- A portfolio demonstrating your best professional level design work.
- Strong scripting skills in Blueprint or similar visual/text-based languages.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience prototyping gameplay spaces for a shipped multiplayer AAA action or shooter title.
- Experience creating large sandbox play spaces.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-informed design decisions.
- Strong passion for games and a deep understanding of various game genres.
Comp Range: $120,000 - $160,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.