Sr. Java Backend Engineer
10 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is growing our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products.
We are passionate about empowering developers to make great games, and helping players to safely and easily enjoy them.
We are seeking a Sr. Java Backend Engineer to join our team.
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale. You will work with both synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. These will all help to power our internal products and enable external development teams all over the world.
We currently have several major initiatives under development. These include services for efficient patching and global distribution of content, tools and services for publishing workflows for game developers, services to support Epic Games Store and crossplay features, scalability and performance initiatives, and core internal services like shared libraries and frameworks.
If these challenges sound exciting, we would love to talk.
- 7+ years experience solving impactful technical challenges; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a scalable architecture, and run with implementation
- Demonstrated experience driving initiatives and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Distributed systems programming experience (we use Java, Kotlin, Scala)
- Experience managing cloud services at scale (we use AWS)
- Service ownership experience; the ability to run, troubleshoot, and deploy your own services (we use Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
- Experience with SQL and nonrelational datastores (we use Mongo, Postgres, Dynamo, Redis)
- Operating systems experience (we use Linux/Unix) a plus
- Experience with Websockets or other server push models, experience with content delivery networks (Akamai, CloudFront) a plus
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.