Sr Game Designer, Mobile
15 days ago
Job Title:Sr Game Designer, Mobile
Job Title: Sr Game Designer, Mobile
Reporting To: Executive Producer, Design
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision Publishing is currently seeking an experienced Senior Game Designer to work on a new mobile title . We are looking for a multi-talented and expert game designer with the ability to adapt to various forms of content or systems design. You will work directly with the Creative Director to conceptualize, implement, and maintain combat-centric systems, game balance, and character tuning.
Previous experience leading a highly talented team of designers while also providing a portfolio heavy on mobile, FPS game and level design work is paramount.
- Work with the Creative Director to distill the creative direction into functional designs; including weapon design and tuning along with combat and movement
- Design new game features and systems
- Drive design team by fostering creativity, momentum, quality and excitement.
- Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the design team.
- Actively debate design concepts, systems and mechanics with the design team.
- Implement designs and concepts using in-house tools within time frames provided.
- Work with artists, engineers, animators and audio experts to bring designs to life.
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- Refine gameplay above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
- 5+ Years experience as a game designer OR 3+ shipped titles in a role that designed and drove feature development, preferably FPS
- 3+ Years experience as a mobile game designer on F2P games
- Ability to conceptualize design ideas and communicate those ideas to the team.
- Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Ability to conceptualize original game mechanics and level settings and push them through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to dissect level and game design in recent games (discuss what you like/don't like).
- Strong documentation skills (show your organizational skills through your design docs).
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.