This job might no longer be available.
Sr FP&A Manager
7 months ago
We are currently hiring for a Sr FP&A Manager to join our team in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting all Global Studios, total Company revenue, studio headcount and portfolio planning, Studio and Product P&L production and forecasting. You will have the opportunity to work directly with C Level execs and cross functional teams delivering on key results. You will provide recommendations & information to leaders of studios that will assist them in making critical strategic decisions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work directly with studio leaders to assist in quarterly forecast cycle and in preparation of their quarterly business review (QBR) presentations looking out 8 quarters
- Own the monthly production of Studio P&L’s performing variance analysis for the studios and driving updates
- Track daily and weekly revenue trends, applying life-cycle trends for short and long-term gross margin planning
- Prepare actual vs. budget variance analysis and identify any revenue risks or opportunities, variances to monthly expense forecasts and updated headcount hiring dates factoring in attrition and recruiting’s time to hire
- Provide financial analysis, business modeling and decision support to senior executives and general managers
- Report and analyze the performance of all live games on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage and administer worldwide Studio variable compensation plans via calculating Studio profit margin
- Ensure the Adaptive Planning financial planning & reporting software application is up to date with latest forecasts and plans. Implement new analytics capabilities in the system as needed.
- Assist Corporate FP&A in all monthly Board meetings and ahead of all quarterly earnings releases
- Additional responsibilities include ensuring that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled. You will assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems, and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts. An understanding of accounting theory and practice (e.g. basic revenue recognition rules, company capitalization policies and proper expense timing) is required.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- BS/BA in Finance or related field, a minimum of 9+ years financial planning and analysis experience and business partnership; a high level of leadership, motivation, initiative, attention to detail, effective communication skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and the ability to work as a team player with all levels of the organization.
- Public Company, banking or other experiences outside of FP&A a plus. As well as prior experience in gaming, entertainment or other hit driven/long-tail business models desirable
- Must have great problem solving skills, be able to isolate and solve issues with large data tables in excel
- Be a self-starter, understand business issues and be able to communicate and translate complex financial information; comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Experience includes management reporting, forecasting/budgeting, and analytical projects
- Excellent modeling skills, solid understanding of FP&A and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong proficiency with Excel (advanced functions), PowerPoint and other financial systems
- Experience with Adaptive Planning, Cognos TM1, and Oracle is a plus
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with ever-changing and expanding responsibilities
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Effective time management and work prioritization skills
- Outgoing and “can-do” attitude; Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- Takes Ownership and feels responsible for team’s success; Team player – puts team above self
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
- Self-starter with the enthusiasm to challenge the status quo and drive change
- Ability to converse with all levels of management. Adept at building relationships across organizations
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and tight deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Must be able to move among various tasks, address responsibilities in a 'hands on' detail-oriented manner with an ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity, and a passion for understanding and improving business processes
- Ability to effectively to cope with and drive change