Sr. Engineering Manager - QA Automation
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
15 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
You're excited to build an amazing product for the esports industry while building a great team around you. You take pride in doing things the “right” way and you’re willing to continuously improve your team’s processes. You’re excited to play a key role in product development and you’re eager to work closely with both the product team and a beta-user community to perfect our product. You have an attention detail and nose for bugs that would rival both Holmes and Watson, and are excited to dive into every nook and cranny of the Skillz ecosystem, cultivating that skill in your teams as well!
What you'll do:
- Participate with senior engineering management in developing a long-term technology road map.
- Recruit, hire and motivate world class QA automation engineers in the US and Canada
- Manage and continuously improve the product development process, participate in code and design reviews.
- Partner with product owners and program managers to help plan releases and schedule development. Provide feedback and feasibility insights for proposed development features.
- Define key quality KPIs and metrics for product teams and the QA team itself.
- Defend and protect production systems from issues. Maintain the highest bar of quality possible for all releases.
- Maintain and promote an inclusive, and high-performance culture, provide support for your teams’ career growth and personal development.
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on automation and 3+ years of experience as a manager, or proven track record of running high quality QA departments.
- Experience with testing high-availability distributed production systems
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining scalable test automation solutions for iOS, Android, Web and/or REST APIs
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Working knowledge of Python or Ruby or Java
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.