Sr Engine Programmer
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This role can be fully remote or onsite in Playa Vista, CA (when the studio re-opens) with relocation support, if needed.
Santa Monica Studio seeking an experienced Engine Programmer to join us for the development of a new unannounced title!
You’re into games – you love making them, you love collaborating to make them. You’re deep into the guts of the game engine, and like nothing more than figuring out how to make things better and more efficient under the hood. You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout!
- Design and develop low-level engine systems such as memory management, generic serialization, streaming, asset pipelines, entity systems, etc.
- Design and develop live editing solutions for rapid iterations
- Optimize game engine by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture
- Profile and optimize systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game development
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Expertise in C/C++ required
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Passionate about memory and performance optimization
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Proficiency in algorithm design; understanding of complexity and software architecture and design
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team
- SIMD usage
- Performance profiling tools (e.g. Windows Performance Analyzer, VTune, Razor, PIX)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.