Sr Director, Trust and Safety, Moderation
17 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Trust and Safety Operations team is obsessed with scaling Roblox's Operations organization and ensuring a safe, civil, and diverse community through our multi-year strategy execution.
As the Sr Director of Moderation, you will oversee end-to-end incubation for new Moderation tasks, high-touch support for special events and brand engagements, and escalations of specific abuse categories. This means you will help define high-quality Metaverse Safety Operations.
You will lead a team of process and product experts and support business processes and workflows across all products, channels, markets, and customer types. Through data-driven insights, you will develop recommendations for process improvements, new process standards, product enhancements, and agent tooling improvements that ensure a smoother, more consistent enforcement of our Community Standards. You will operationalize these recommendations in partnership with Operations, Product, Marketing, Policy, and other teams.
- Report to the Vice President, Trust & Safety Operations
- Oversee three main enforcement functions: moderation operations (vertical-specific vendor oversight, moderation process and workflow enablement, and advising on standard enforcement-specific vendor guidance including quality assurance, learning & development, workforce management); management of multiple technology-based moderation workflows (incl. text filter process optimization and multiple asset-based human/machine review systems); and Intelligence operations (incl. researching potential actor-based abuse and supporting internal moderation investigations).
- Facilitate collaboration within your teams and across the company
- Communicate complex T&S concepts to executives; Instigates important conversations to move toward business objectives.
- Attract, promote and lead teams of content moderation specialists, managers, and scaled vendor teams while nurturing a culture of coaching, learning, feedback, and teamwork.
- Use data to set the strategy and goals for improving our processes and workflows that can build to scale while simultaneously driving improvements on the human side of the machine/human moderation interface.
- Direct 24x7 specialized Safety operations around the globe and support the larger Trust & Safety Group by leading functional experts and their respective teams.
- Lead team to provide insights and feedback from user interactions that can be used to assist Product Management and Engineering teams in building their respective roadmaps.
- Develop, strengthen, and leverage cross-functional relationships with executive partners, including legal, policy, product, engineering, and communications teams.
- Stay up-to-date on industry best practices and latest trends in User Generated Content platform safety.
- Use your working knowledge in workforce planning to employ contractors, vendors, temporary workers, and FTEs to support expanding needs.
- Coach and mentor people leaders.
- Communicate outcomes and insights to multiple partners at all levels, including senior executives to help guide strategic decisions for improvement and highlight your team's work.
- 10-15 years of Trust and Safety, global operations, or other relevant experience.
- 5+ years leading teams inclusive of managers and/or directors.
- Prior experience scaling social media, gaming, Metaverse, or similar global operational teams.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$299,710 — $378,380 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.