Sr. Director, Platform & Technology Finance
10 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Director, Platform & Technology Finance
Job Title: Sr. Director, Platform & Technology Finance
Reporting To: Vice President, Activision Blizzard Commercial Finance
Location: Irvine, California
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment has an immediate opening for a Sr. Director leading Finance and Strategy for the Platform & Technology team at its Irvine, California headquarters. You will lead the creation and implementation of the company's Platform and Technology Strategy, including prioritizing features for the long term product roadmap for Battle.net, as well as leading major forecast and budgeting processes.
- Act as trusted business partner to Battle.net & Online Products leadership team, including the EVP and General Manager of Platform & Technology, SVP of Planning and Strategy for Battle.net, and the Battle.net & Online Products Commercial Leader
- Lead strategic and financial assessments of commercial initiatives, including identifying new potential initiatives to be aligned with Technology and Executive Leadership across ABK
- Lead the long-range planning process, including interfacing with the Corporate and Blizzard strategy teams, developing company-wide materials, and supporting alignment on a company-wide platform strategy
- Partner with analytics and Finance to deliver insights and support business decision-making related to the teams’ near- and long-term goals
- Drive profitability and manage the full P&L for the Battle.net & Online Products organization, including ROI analysis, driving operational efficiency, resource benchmarking, and budget setting
- Partner with analytic and commercial teams to establish end to end digital reporting capabilities for Battle.net and O&O websites including user acquisition funnel analytics
- Lead various FP&A activities, including pacing, monthly financial and operational reports, quarter close, quarterly forecasting, annual operating planning process, headcount tracking, etc
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures and analyze causes of unexpected variance
- Demonstrated passion for games and entertainment
- 12+ years’ experience including consulting, banking, private equity, product management, or finance and strategy roles within games, technology, media or entertainment
- Collaborative problem solver who thrives in a high performing team
- Team player and influencer who is excited to pitch in and help
- Ability to lead and deliver on strategic ad hoc analyses
- Analytical bias and ability to break complicated problems down into bite-size pieces and translate to bottom-line operating income impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders all over the world (including business/commercial operations, finance, analytics, and development & technology leaders)
- Structured and organized thinker; ability to visualize analysis in a clear and consumable fashion for executive management
- Top academic performance in an analytical discipline; MBA a plus
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
- Experience in mobile video games, gaming, software, technology, or entertainment industries, and/or ecommerce
- Experience building and providing input to detailed platform product roadmaps, including prioritizing major features
- Experience with Hyperion and Essbase
- Real passion for Activision Blizzard Entertainment products
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.