Sr. Director, Global Youth Content Policy
15 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Trust & Safety is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build safe and inclusive communities that enable diverse, global creators to flourish.
Reporting to the Head of Global Policy, as the Sr. Director of Global Youth Policy you will work closely with external stakeholders, product managers, engineers, researchers, and cross-functional partners across the company to incorporate policy and privacy considerations into the products and services we're developing at Twitch. You'll serve as a subject matter expert for Twitch's global policy and work with our teams to evaluate and respond to policy developments and engage with external experts on youth around the world. You will have experience in policy issues related to minors and technology to help us build products in the best interests of people under 18.
The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in the best practices in products supporting young people online and have a strong commitment to ensure young people have an age-appropriate and positive experience on Twitch. For this role you will bring experience collaborating with a wide array of audiences and is a creative problem solver who works independently and switches easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will be deeply familiar with youth and child policy and privacy issues, have meaningful experience in collaborating with key stakeholders and representing their perspectives, and be able to use this understanding to help build products that reflect the best practices for age-appropriate online experiences.
You are expected to seek out and clearly communicate relevant data to support complex business decisions, and drive the right recommendations in a compelling and effective way. You will create plans that have objective, measurable success criteria and clearly communicate progress and outcomes and anticipate the gaps between teams, processes, and system architectures to help their organization produce the best possible results for our community.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA;, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders and company executives regarding proposed content policy efforts.
- Work with global teams to ensure effective operationalization of global policies.
- Build and develop partnerships with cross-functional groups including Public Policy, Public Relations, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Brand Suitability. Understand and communicate the challenges and needs presented by the latest trends and regulations globally.
- Develop, maintain, and update our global policies that apply to youth on our service.
- Manage a small team of policy development leads in topic areas outside of the core youth policy focus.
- Network with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- BA/BS degree in a related field of study or subject matter experience in relevant fields, including trust and safety, policy, or legal within social media or technology industries
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in drafting or enforcing policy, or engagement with online public policy issues.
- Experience working with global teams and communicating with stakeholders cross-functionally .
- Experience in people leadership.
- Ability to work effectively under high pressure, strong interpersonal (ie. passionate about people engagement) and communication skills to engage with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Big-picture, high-level vision to connect the dots.
- Experience working internationally in the online service space.
- Ability to identify content trends from user data.
- Negotiation, collaboration, and presentation skills .
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7053
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.