Sr. Development Director
16 days ago
Sr. Development Director
EA’s Create Art team is looking for an experienced Sr Development Director to join our awesome team in Orlando, FL. The team delivers the art for some of the biggest sports videogame franchises in the world, including Madden NFL football, FIFA, UFC, NHL Hockey, and more.
You will be responsible for the full art production for a suite of projects, working through a talented group of Development Directors. The role requires highly developed relationship-building skills, the ability to build credibility and influence within and outside the studio. You can also engage, lead, influence, and communicate meaningfully at all levels.
You’ll craft a strategy, identify tactics, and help craft solutions, prioritize and measure the success of your work. You’ll align with peer Group DDs and partner closely with stakeholders across North America and other parts of the world.
Outcomes will include successfully managing to project on-time predictability and quality targets, budgets while achieving established goals and targets.
This is a role with great growth potential that will allow you to influence our team culture, help the team learn as they deliver, partner to drive strategy, and create an environment that constantly improves our execution.
Who you are
- An empathetic and inclusive people leader, making people in your teams feel seen and heard.
- You have a track record of developing and growing teams.
- You’re comfortable in communicating and influencing at all levels.
- Comfortable in ambiguity.
- Experienced in managing managers.
- Used to working with different cultures and time zones.
- A good understanding of art production for video games.
- 5+ years of experience in program management.
What you’ll do
- Craft a yearly strategy for the project portfolio and execute against it.
- Align with Service team, External Development, and other titles to foster a global approach.
- Ensure mutual trust is as high as possible with our partners.
- Monitor relationships with our partners through qualitative and quantitative KPIs.
- Initiate specific initiatives to get the team closer (team building, new project set-up proposal, etc.)
- Ensure team is set up to exceed project goals (quality/efficiency/cost).
- Accountable for project deliveries to game teams.
- Review, align and improve processes.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure quality is meeting project requirements.
- Ensure projects have the best resource mix/setup.
- Escalation path for project risks.
- Accountable for project financial deliverables.
- Key stakeholder in any hiring process.
- Ensure project scalability objectives are met.
- Ensure group strategy goals are met.
- Increase alignment on best practices and processes for game portfolio.
- Partner with other departments to ensure we can meet scalability goals across teams.
- Ensure teams are engaged and happy.
- Create long-term training plans (aligned with partners, projects, and strategy).
- Foster our culture by setting a good example.
- Career management of key project leaders.
Where you’ll be
- For this role, it needs to be on-site in Orlando, FL.
- We offer a flexible working situation, but we think you’ll want to spend most of your time in the office initially.