Sr. DevOps Engineer
9 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development. Epic Games is growing our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products.
We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic’s systems.
This role is an embedded DevOps engineer in our group and is effectively part of our development team that will help with operational excellence, focusing on observability and performance at scale.
- Design and build out operational infrastructure to support the Epic Games online ecosystem, automating where possible
- Participate in improving processes for build deployment and incident management flows
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, network, and infrastructure problems
- Provide operational support for developers and cross-collaborate with other internal teams
- Design and implement tooling to optimize developer and liveops workflows
- Proven experience with Linux and cloud computing technologies such as AWS, or other cloud computing environment
- Experience monitoring and operating services with high availability and high throughput
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Go, Java, Python, Perl, Shell)
- Experience with infrastructure tooling including Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Experience with a continuously delivery model of deploying software
- Proven history working directly with development teams
- Proficiency in Go and/or Java a plus
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.