This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Character Designer - Toys For Bob
Novato California 94949 United States of America
16 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Character Designer - Toys For Bob
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for more than 30 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge.
Best known for inventing the “Toys-to-Life” genre with Skylanders® , we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.toysforbob.com, on Facebook and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
Toys for Bob is looking for a talented Sr. Character Designer: a detail-oriented developer with significant Unreal 4 experience and, more broadly, experience with state-system approaches to creating character powers for engaging combat, responsive platforming, and exciting traversal.
- Collaborate closely with other designers, character modelers, programmers, animators, visual effects artists, and sound designers to create, tune, and polish characters (playable character powers and enemy behaviors) for an unannounced title.
- Become an expert at the tools we are using to build the game.
- Tirelessly polish, debug, and tune character powers and behaviors – the final 5% is where the magic lies.
- You’ve got a lot of first-hand experience with scripting and/or programming languages to craft gameplay.
- You are excited to work on third-person traversal/locomotion and combat systems (both PvE and PvP).
- Desire and the proficiency to become an expert at the toolset.
- Passion for creating excellent gameplay experiences, i.e. understanding fun, willingness to hear critical feedback, love of iteration, player-first philosophy.
- You are a great communicator.
- Honesty, clarity of thought, flexibility, understanding, open-mindedness, kindness.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and optimism.
- 8+ years of game design experience.
- Experience developing and shipping AAA console games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.