Sr. Campaign Designer
20 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Campaign Designer
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to develop, implement, and tune highly cinematic player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the world. You will take ownership of tasks, proactively and independently solve challenges, and deliver high quality work in a timely manner. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position actively partners with a variety of internal and external partners. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver world-class game systems.
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure an authentic experience.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
- Work in a C-style scripting language to create engaging, fun, unique, and highly polished moments.
- Clearly and effectively pitch designs and features using multi-media tools.
- Play builds of the game in-progress and provide concise, prioritized feedback.
- Work closely with user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert balancing feedback.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process spanning all facets of the game.
- Mentor other designers regularly and act as a resource to other designers.
- 5+ years in the games industry working in a design capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
- Solid experience with programming/scripting languages.
- Passionate and egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Impressive communication skills.
- Strong understanding of geometry building, flow, and layout.
- Solid understanding of modern single-player design with ability to clearly discuss trends.
- Passion for games with a desire to make an impact at an industry level.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Expertise writing high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the FPS games space.
- Prior experience working on a AAA first-person shooter.
- Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.