Sr. Data Governance and Privacy Operations Analyst
27 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Data Governance and Privacy Operations Analyst
San Mateo, CA
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), data is a critical business asset that facilitates business operations, empowers decision making, and provides vital insights into improvement and innovation of PlayStation products and services. With exponential data growth brought on by PlayStation’s success, the Data Governance and Literacy team is tasked with the mission to instill a culture of responsible and effective use of data. This is accomplished by governing data as a valuable enterprise asset and continuously elevating the organization’s data literacy. With a focus on data privacy and data sharing, successful candidate hired into this role will operationalize data governance processes to advance the understanding of and compliance with data handling policies within SIE as well as across broader Sony.
- Enable the business by working closely with policy teams to develop clear data handling standards and guidelines. Be a trusted partner to assigned business units by building domain expertise, by understanding their rhythm of business, and by offering balanced advisory.
- Facilitate global privacy reviews at scale - a key data governance process designed to instill proactive thinking of privacy implications pertaining to a business unit’s data activities. Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders of the privacy review process (e.g. business units, privacy attorneys) by ensuring that all parties involved in the process have a thorough understanding of relevant data operations, that necessary information for the privacy reviews is provided and that the reviews are conducted on a timely basis. Maintain and scale documentation of privacy reviews, including data flow diagrams, assessment notes and outcomes, and inventories of systems and activities
- Operationalize data governance to select business units within SIE. Take a metrics-based approach and a continuous improvement mindset to data governance operations
- 5+ years experience in role/s operationalizing data policies - e.g. data privacy operations, privacy regulatory compliance, security GRC, Trust & Safety function - executing cross-functional organizational processes in data governance/ digital transformation
- Experience with issue/ project-tracking and content management tools like Jira, OneTrust and Confluence
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with proven ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- An analytical and curious mind, a strong sense of ownership, and a bias for structure and action
- Ability to balance attention to detail with a focus on impact
- Passion and energy for working in the video gaming industry
- Broad understanding of software system design and database concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Preferred IAPP certification such as CIPM, CIPP or CIPT
- Interest/ proficiency in Japanese language would be a plus, but not required
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$140,700 — $211,100 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.