Sr. Business Development Manager, Tech, Prime Gaming
5 days ago
Join the Prime Gaming team as Amazon Prime aims to become the largest and best loved benefit program for gamers. Build partnerships with the top PC/Console/Mobile game developers. Be a gaming pioneer and build the largest subscription-based, gaming content program in the world.
Started four years ago, Prime Gaming is Amazon's Prime benefit program for gamers and for those who simply love to play games. We have recently expanded these benefits to include mobile games and are seeking top performing business development professionals to grow this new vertical as well as existing verticals within PC/Console partnerships.
As a Senior Tech Business Development Manager for Prime Gaming, you will be responsible for content acquisition and partnerships, owning the end-to-end process from deal negotiation to post-launch. In this role, you will cultivate key developer and publisher relationships in the PC, Console, and Mobile video games segments and lead the strategy and execution for these complex business initiatives. You will work with other stakeholders in marketing, partner management, product, design, and engineering to ensure we launch on time with the greatest impact.
If you are a strong team player and a motivated self-starter, who thrives in a startup-like environment and is excited to make a significant impact in the games industry, we are looking for you!
What you'll do:
· Create and own a portfolio of content partnerships by establishing and maintaining relationships with key game developers and publishers
· Define and deliver the strategy around content acquisition and new business models taking a global view
· Prepare financial models and give business reviews to senior management, including investment benefits, risks and prioritization for a portfolio of partnership opportunities
· Negotiate and execute deals to bring gaming content to Prime members globally
· Collaborate closely with other members of the Content, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure the on-time launch of multiple partnerships
· Assess content launches using relevant reporting metrics and recommend and implement improvements for future launches
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years in entertainment or content acquisition business development
· 7+ years experience sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
· MBA/MS preferred
· 5+ years of experience in the PC, Console, Mobile gaming or mobile app industries
· Experience with technical partner integrations
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives
· End-to-end deal experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large scale marketing deals, technical collaborations, complex digital media transactions, and strategic technology relationships
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
· Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
· Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
· Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
· Passion for games
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.