This job might no longer be available.
26 days ago
Studio Wildcard - Seattle, WA
We're Studio Wildcard, developers of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved -- one of the most popular and original video games in recent years. Despite our massive success, we've been able to stay independent, so that we can steer our own future in games and beyond. There's never been a better time for you to join this adventure and help us build ARK: Survival Ascended, the remaster of our original hit franchise! We're expanding and updating many of the ARK community's most beloved features, while taking full advantage of the latest tools and technologies. Wildcard is searching for an exceptionally talented and passionate Sound Designer who can work with our audio team to create a visceral and immersive soundscape through inspired audio content creation and savvy technical implementation.
- Design sounds for game content
- Implement audio assets in Unreal Engine
- Work with Audio Programmer to build procedurally generated audio systems through MetaSounds, Blueprints and Niagara
- Record foley for items and props
- Record in the field to capture environment sounds
- Support dialog workflow by editing, processing and exporting files
- Track content creation and QA with project management software
- Credits on previously released games
- Expertise creating audio in a Digital Audio Workstation
- Practice with modern design techniques and sound synthesis
- Experience implementing audio content in Unreal Engine
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include
- Why you are interested in working for Studio Wildcard
- What games you are currently playing
About Studio Wildcard
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions designed for core gamers. With countless years of combined industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Wildcard's core team continues to grow, with offices in Kirkland, WA and Gainesville, FL including distributed team members across multiple continents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.