Software Server Engineer (PHP)
15 days ago
At the Crowdstar studio in San Francisco as part of EA/Glu, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and Crowdstar’s goal is to build products which engage, enrich, and empower them. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, Crowdstar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a software engineer to be part of the Design Home engineering team. In this position, you will be exposed to PHP at scale and build distributed systems in a very fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of PHP development experience in a fast-paced environment with short project deadlines
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional teamwork, problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passionate about building games that will be played by millions around the world
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant STEM major or equivalent experience
- Experience with PHP debugging and testing
- Expertise with Git, SVN and/or some other version control systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Couchbase, Redis)
- Expertise with PHP frameworks like Symfony, Laravel/Lumen, etc.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience in games or mobile games
All qualified applicants wil l receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.