Software Release Manager
7 days ago
Are you excited by the opportunity to work with industry leading AR tech? Would you like to work with the best AR/VR engineers around the world? Then come join Magic Leap! As our Software Release Manager you will be responsible for Magic Leap’s Operating System (OS) and Software Development Kit (SDK) releases on a monthly basis. You will define and drive our release process by working closely with Engineering, Quality Assurance (QA), Product, and Program Management. You will drive daily ship-room style meetings, ensure development status is always up-to-date, manage defects and requirements in JIRA, and inform the broader Software organization on overall release readiness.
- Conduct daily ship-room meetings, driving release readiness via JIRA-based dashboards
- Organize and facilitate meetings with Engineering teams to organize, triage, and track their SW requirements and defects
- Act as the primary point of contact for all external customer reported issues, conduit between Engineering and Customer Care and Developer Relations
- Actively monitor defect status and trends and drive defects to resolution
- Conduct sprint retrospectives/post mortems
- Design, deploy and improve requirements and defect management processes
- 3+ years of release management experience preferred
- Experience championing Agile methodologies, within a larger Software Organization
- Strong verbal/written communication skills including presentation to senior leadership
- Experience in Android OS, Framework and Applications is a plus
- Familiarity with products or applications in Embedded Systems & Mobile Systems.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong experience working with error management processes and tools such as JIRA
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines