Software Quality Engineer (Temporary)
6 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
PIN (Player Insight Network) Quality Verification is a team within the Quality and Verification Standards organization that focuses on validating player experience telemetry at EA. The team is divided into Data Quality Verification and Data Quality Engineering. As a member of the Quality Engineering team, you will report to the technical director, where you will design and implement automated data quality validation solutions that support the Quality Verification team.
- Analyze, query, and transform large datasets in preparation for quality verification
- Build Power BI dashboards to identify and report on data quality issues, applying standard data quality metrics and user experience best practices
- Analyze requirements and translate them into technical designs
- Implement and maintain features of a data quality test automation framework using industry best practices
- You will work with product management, quality analysts, and technical leads to ensure business and operational needs are met on time and with a high degree of quality
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 2+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with software design, debugging, and deployment procedures
- Python, SQL, and Big Data
- Power BI or similar BI frameworks
- Source control and CI/CD pipelines
- Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Test automation and management