Software Quality Engineer - Frostbite - C#
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
11 days ago
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment.
You will report to the Software Engineering Manager
- Work directly with software development and quality assurance teams to identify and complete projects
- Maintain tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment
- Learn and stay current with best practices and technologies
- Leverage and improve existing tools to add value efficiently
- Work in a team and independently finds answers to questions
- Develop Coverity workflows, as prescribed by the project scope
- You will be a part of a globally distributed development team, Frostbite has major development centers in Stockholm, Sweden and Vancouver, Canada as well as smaller centers in Montreal, Canada, Guildford, UK and Bucharest, Romania
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with software development and quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures .
- Proficiency and experience in C# and .net core framework
- Experience with .net applications in a cloud environment.
- Experience with solid design principles.
- Experience in data streaming technologies and backend blob storage, non sql/sql DB
- Ability to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities , deliverables, and timelines
- Manage tasks and and work with partners of the project scope to implement solutions.
- Successfully interface with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect
- Experience with version control systems (GIT, Perforce)
- Resourceful and creative - identify issues and implement solutions
- 2+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining a full stack application system
- 2+ years of experience with using CI environment
- 3+ years of experience solving large scalable problems