Software Procurement Specialist
9 days ago
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous , Planet Coaster , Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo . We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
As part of our continued growth we have an opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join our Purchasing Team, focussing on the purchase of Frontier’s software requirements. Working closely with the Purchasing Co-ordinator and Procurement Manager you will use your indirect procurement experience to ensure that Frontier receives best value for money by sourcing new suppliers, maintaining relationship with existing suppliers, negotiating contracts, preparing reports, and identifying opportunities to improve our processes.
- Continuously evaluate our current suppliers to ensure we are always receiving best value for money
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers, vendors, internal & external customers and stakeholders, peers and management
- Negotiate contracts for goods and services purchased
- Work closely with the Procurement Manager on high level spend where RFP’s are required
- Take an active lead in research of potential vendors for any new requirements and for ongoing spend
- Prepare and present reports on historical purchasing activity, including cost analysis
- Contribute to the department targeted savings by challenging costs on a regular basis
- Line management of Purchasing Coordinators within your team.
- Broad Procurement experience with demonstrable experience in purchasing software, ideally within the tech industry
- Strong knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Previous experience in managing a RFP process
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confidence to challenge costs where appropriate to achieve savings
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Positive and solutions focused approach when working with internal customers
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards (funding is available for continued studying).
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.