This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
Systems Software Engineer - Frostbite Foundation - C++
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a systems engineer on Frostbite Foundation you will work on technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The team works on low-level technologies that span a range of domains, including concurrency, memory systems, and math libraries.
Reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve our most engaging problems, you will work on the latest hardware, manage low-level libraries, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward.
- Design and implement complex low-level systems used by thousands of game developers across EA
- Work with the wider Frostbite engineering team to determine strategic direction for systems-level technology
- Work with game teams to ensure we meet their technical requirements for future games.
- Support game teams using Frostbite's core technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- High level of proficiency with modern C++
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Profiling and optimization experience
- Understand memory management and multiple processor use
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience in game console development
- Experience Assembly programming development
- Understanding of low level networking architecture
"BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. "
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.