23 days ago
Job Posting TitleSoftware Engineer
SummaryThis role is ideal for recent college graduates or candidates with a few years of experience.
This role is within the CTO organization and involved with strategically forward-looking initiatives of Aristocrat’s global technology business. We research, analyze, integrate, and build emerging and existing market technologies to create future solutions across the company. These solutions span from online video games, social casino games, game development kits, mobile apps, web platforms, digital displays, streaming technologies, and robotics. Work with a team of professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. As an entry-level Software Engineer, you will work well within a team environment, work with people from multiple disciplines, effectively integrate with remote teams, be proactive, forward thinking, and be easy to collaborate with.
We offer the stability and opportunity of a multi-billion-dollar global organization with the culture, pace, challenge, and ability to make a meaningful impact that comes in a start up!
What you'll do
- Research and evaluate software and hardware tools, vendors, and processes as they benefit assigned projects.
- Review verbal and written requirements at varying levels of detail and interpret into new and revised software code.
- Perform hands-on software engineering and software code development tasks.
- Along with the management team, define and build the processes that allow the development team to continually improve productivity and quality, while delivering on business commitments.
- Understand and able to gain clarification of software requirements, working with the product management team and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Work with the Project Manager and development team to produce project and task schedules.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle for our products, including designing, coding, debugging, and documenting.
- Work closely with game design to gather requirements then accurately implement proof-of-concept games and features to facilitate iteration on new game concepts.
- Work with the development, platform, quality assurance teams, and managers to breakdown various software/platform system requirements. Help forecast individual tasks as well as collaborate with other developers on long term initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Able to support other software engineers in requirements, architecture, design, development, defect repair, deployment, and support.
- Works well with others in the business from software engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, business line owners, quality assurance resources, project managers, sales, hr, marketing, vendor staff and more.
- Provide project and task estimates following a software engineering methodology used for each project.
- Responsible for technical aspects of software releases, rollbacks, maintenance, and support.
- Follow established methodology and standards for work assignments.
- Escalate issues as needed to gain collaboration and support from others.
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to plan, write and execute against test cases and exceptions for design challenges.
- Attend and effectively complete corporate policy training modules and events.
- Adhere to corporate policies.
- Tools / Data
- Entry level programming skills. Independently able to research and repair software defects.
- Demonstrated capacity to research, learn and implement new tools and technologies to solve relevant challenges.
- Implement small software design tasks with oversight from senior engineers or technical management.
- Estimate tasks with help for leadership.
- Work on building reusable tools, software libraries, automation, integrations, processes, and documentation.
- Experience and effective use of source code control systems, builds and deployments.
- Consistently deliver on assigned tasks, milestones and communicate in advance or risks and mitigation options.
- Use documentation solutions such as team wiki, document code, UML tools, project management tools, MS Office suite, source code control, shared file repositories, team chat tools and other tools as identified.
- Use of IDE’s for: software development, file structures, project structures, break points, variable value analysis, logging, integrated compiling, and debugging.
- Knowledge of researching, installing, and using safe and reliable software libraries, compilers, operating system versions, and other software tools as they have dependencies on each other to function correctly.
- Maintain clear and direct communication with the management team, Project Manager, and other stakeholders, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Understand current and planned tasks status and effectively document and communicate such status and plans.
What we're looking for
- Understanding of software engineering and software engineering methodologies.
- Ability to research, discover, analyze, and recommendation solutions in the field of technology.
- Exposure to object-oriented development and software engineering project structures.
- Ability to learn new software languages, operating systems, scripting languages, data structures, API’s, software libraries, compilers, and hardware platforms.
- Understanding of: Application Servers, Web Servers, Database Servers, File Systems, and other online and client-server designs.
- Strong math skills that include some of the following: Logic, Discrete Math, 3D Math, Geometry, Trig, and Algebra.
- Ability to understand bit and byte manipulation for mathematics, flags, memory usage, data structures, and logic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science &/or related degree.
- Documentation skills for both in-code and in project documentation.
- Oral and written communication skills, strongly team oriented, work closely with in-house & remote teams.
- Comfortable using version control software such as Subversion, Git, Perforce, etc.
- Experience in Agile working environments and processes.
- Able to work in both structured and unstructured team, individual, and project environments.
- Able to learn and work on different projects and technology assignments over time.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.