10 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer
Who we are
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve exciting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
About This Role
We have an opening in our Vancouver office (or remote in the west coast time zone) for an experienced Go developer with knowledge of Kubernetes and its associated infrastructure integrations (e.g. identity services, networking, storage services, metrics and logs) to join the DEPCON team in our Platform department.
The DEPCON team is responsible for Bonzai, Demonware’s managed Kubernetes solution that is currently available in our data centres and in Google Cloud Platform.
In this role you will work with our team of Kubernetes experts and make direct contributions to Bonzai in order to automate, scale and solidify our Kubernetes platform.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing, evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting Bonzai! (in Golang) to enable multiple critical Demonware services serving millions of concurrent online users.
- Leading and/or actively participating in key infrastructure integration projects involving multiple teams.
- Load testing, troubleshooting and debugging, often in collaboration with various internal teams.
- Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
- Active participation in design and code reviews.
- Participation in a tier-1 on-call support rotation.
These are some of the qualities we look for in an ideal candidate:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years proven experience, preferably in high-volume and/or critical production service environments.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication within and between teams.
- Strong Go programming skills, and a steadfast desire to automate all the things.
- Experience developing and deploying software integrating with the Kubernetes
APIs and custom resource definitions (CRD)
- Experience developing and deploying large scale distributed systems in public or private cloud (hundreds to thousands of instances).
- Experience with containers and container orchestration technologies, and in particular Kubernetes, in a production environment.
- Experience contributing to and participating in the open source community, in particular CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) and related projects.
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Linux/Unix internals.
- Proven track record to take initiative for continuous improvement.
If you enjoy working with very smart people on complex problems, building upon industry-leading technology, Demonware is the place for you. We are a team of exceptionally passionate people that, despite its small size, is able to accomplish a lot; we do this by making sure every individual plays a major role at Demonware. We look forward to hearing from you.
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.