Software Engineer (Vehicle Handling)
Guildford England United Kingdom
13 days ago
We are Criterion. We love games.
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead:
Criterion Games demands an excellent team of developers and is looking for a Senior Vehicle Engineer to partner with our vehicle design team and build the next generation of physical handling models. We’re looking for someone who can push the boundaries of playful handling with a focus on the second to second experience making it accessible to all. It is a rewarding and satisfying feeling every time anyone picks up a controller.
What a Vehicle Engineer does at Criterion:
The successful engineer will work with Criterion’s Design, Art and Engineering teams in a structured, iterative process, taking a hands-on role in developing physical handling setups across a diverse range of vehicles. You can find the sweet spot between authenticity and fun that makes every ride a thrilling experience. You will develop systems and models that provide an awesome gaming experience with technology used by other leading EA titles such as Battlefield and FIFA.
A Criterion Software Engineer also needs:
- Development experience on console
- Provable skill in C++
- Experience with modern console APIs and architectures (including PC)
- Experience developing physics and vehicle dynamics is a bonus
- A passion for delivering amazing features that establish a game
- Maths / Mechanics skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know: