Software Engineer | VR and Unity
Burnaby, British Columbia
2 months ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for an experienced software engineer with proven abilities in VR and Unity to join our newest project. We currently have a nimble and collaborative team, and are looking for someone to join us who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Work in C# and Unity to build and develop interactive virtual environments
- Write highly performant code, test software, and address bugs as needed
- Work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems and build new features efficiently and effectively
- Provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to your team
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Regularly communicate with internal team members, as well as our partners via various communication channels
- 2-5+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Fluency in C#
- Ability to exhibit proficiency with Unity Engine
- Strong experience with developing interactive virtual environments
- Exposure to working on multi-user VR experiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in game development
- Prior network experience using middleware such as Photon
- Exposure or work experience in UI/UX, editing tools, and object manipulation
- Past experience using Git
- Proficiency in C++
- Exposure to Ruby on Rails
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.