This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - University Grad
Vancouver, British Columbia
6 days ago
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with deep player experiences in the industry.
Why join the Frostbite Foundation Team?
As a member of the Foundation team you will be working on core technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The Foundation team works on leading-edge low-level technologies that span a huge number of domains. There are many opportunities available for learning and gaining unique expertise.
Team members may find themselves:
- Writing solutions to enable concurrent code within the Frostbite engine.
- Managing standard libraries like EASTL
- Working with the latest hardware, SDKs, and modern C++ compiler toolchains.
- Creating technologies for diverse areas like memory systems, concurrency runtimes, math libraries, and compression technologies.
- Developing platform abstraction engine layers.
- Solving complex problems affecting all areas of Frostbite such as maximizing the runtime performance for a generic, data-driven engine or optimizing prioritized asset streaming.
- Continually writing reliable unit tests to ensure features continue to function throughout EA.
What does a Software Engineer do?
As a Software Engineer on the Foundation team you will be uniquely positioned to guide the future technology of Frostbite and Electronic Arts. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve some of our most engaging problems. Your contributions will be used to build the next wave of incredible EA titles and help define the direction of all higher level Frostbite systems, while impacting thousands of daily users.
- Support others using Frostbite Foundation’s technologies.
- Design, implement, test, debug and maintain code to coding standards.
- Leverage leading edge innovative and pioneering work of others in advancing EA technologies.
- Propose enhancements to our technology suite to assist game teams.
- Champion and improve testing strategies and test automation.
- Profile and optimize software components of a technology or game.
- Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers’ code.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- High level of proficiency with C++.
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
- Experience in efficient use of the C++ standard library, concurrency, object oriented design.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers’ code competently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Prior development experience on game consoles would be a large asset.
- Experience in profiling and optimization.
- Experience with standard tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio. Git experience would be an asset.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- 1-2+ years of software development experience.
Bonus points if you have
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Follow Agile methodologies.
- Constantly innovate to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Good business sense – ability to manage non-technical hurdles to getting things done.
- Culture of continuous learning, plus the ability and hunger to take on new challenges.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages . Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: