Software Engineer, Server
8 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Software Engineer, Server
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join a new team working on an unannounced mobile game.
This is a backend position with the server sub-team responsible for online features and service infrastructure. Responsibilities will include the development of command-line tools to support daily workflows and administration of our services, as well as supporting senior engineers on the development of game systems.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on data flow, APIs, and operational performance.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize robust microservices in a client-server network topology.
- Contribute to a server infrastructure that scales efficiently as needed.
- 3 years C# or C++ professional experience
- 3 years of backend development
- Experience with client/server messaging
- Experience with code optimization
- Interest in distributed systems and server development
- Enthusiasm and a passion for mobile gaming
- Experience supporting a live product
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (Cassandra)
- Knowledge of distributed messaging systems (Kafka)
- Experience with request/response message flows