This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, QA Tools
Irvine, CA, United States
9 months ago
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost-effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position, you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
- Support Test Engineering teams by providing infrastructure solutions required to ensure the sustainability of existing and newly developed applications.
- Design, deliver and maintain services, tools, and frameworks to be used by multiple teams at Blizzard.
- Engage with development teams to adapt existing software to wider range of usage and turn those into standard ready-to-integrate solutions.
- Implement metrics, analyze usage data and feedback to improve the quality of the software and identify needed improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience on a software team preferably building websites, services, API's, or microservices in a large-scale production environment.
- Fluency in C#.
- Good experience working with relational databases and writing SQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development.
- .NET Core, ASP.NET and WPF experience.
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience working with large established codebases.
- Experience with C++ and Python.
- Full-stack Experience (Infrastructure, Storage, Databases, ETL, Web Services, Visualization)