Software Engineer Pathfinder Intern
7 days ago
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
The Pathfinders program is a 12-week summer internship designed for underrepresented first and second-year college students interested in software engineering or tech-related disciplines. This program offers students the ability to explore career opportunities and gain insight into the Gaming industry. Students work on impactful projects alongside industry veterans, to gain hands-on experience and develop leadership skills.
The Pathfinders program incorporates structured learnings and provides you with the tools to be successful during your time at EA. Each Pathfinder intern will have peer and professional mentorship, participate in networking activities, and engage with senior leaders. We particularly encourage applications from students who are historically underrepresented in this field.
What a Software Engineer Intern does within EPS Social Division at EA:
As a Software Engineer Intern, your primary responsibility will be to work collaboratively with a team of engineers to plan and execute on the software design and architecture of our new systems. Most of your time will be spent developing features and optimizing performance, robustness, and scalability of server systems. You will also spend time working with product managers to innovate new features to support EA's many games and reduce technical debt associated with legacy systems through innovation and automation. Additionally, you will be a champion for best practices within the engineering team.
- Currently completing your Freshman or Sophomore year of your Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Experience developing object oriented software
- Experience working on high traffic services and highly scalable systems
- Experience working with cloud technology and cloud provider services to build SaaS applications
- Use of technologies such as memcached, redis, message queuing, and NoSQL in production systems
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit)
- Experience with source control systems
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience with load testing and system analysis
- Experience with other languages such as Go, C++ or C#
- Experience with Kubernetes infrastructures and frameworks
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $20 - $34
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $24 - $34
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $20 - $28
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $24 - $34
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $17 - $21
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k).
Number of Vacancies: 8
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.