This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer Intern, Tools
Irvine, CA, United States
3 months ago
Internship Term: 2020
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN, TOOLS – OVERWATCH
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a tools programmer intern to join the fray on Overwatch. As an intern, you will be working with a team of engineers focused on creating next-gen tools for the Overwatch team. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with designers, artists, and game programmers as you help develop and refine our in-house editor. Phenomenal tools engineers thrive on helping others, knowing that the better their tools are, the better the final game will be. The ideal student has a keen eye for usability, outstanding people skills, a passion for playing (and making!) games , and demonstrates proven programming skills.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience implementing tools for game development, such as level editors or data pipeline tools
- Strong people and communication skills
- Experience developing and debugging in C++ or C#
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and how they relate to performance
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience with WPF
- Experience developing and debugging in C++
- Experience with user interface design
- Cover Letter
- Use the cover letter to summarize your experiences and to give us a sense of who you are as a person
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.