Software Engineer I - Community Product
28 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Community Engagement Tunnel Sharks team creates products and solutions that allow Creators to build healthy communities on Twitch. As a Software Engineer, you will join a team focused on building customer-facing products and solutions that help Creators recognize and engage their audience. You will work with your engineering peers, design and brainstorm with product teams, and provide products to delight our customers.
You can work in San Francisco, CA and Los Angeles, CA. We are remote flexible.
- Brainstorm with designers and product managers to design new features
- Design reliable web services
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Contribute to code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Work with teams and organizations to bring value to our creators and viewers
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience .
- 1+ year Experience building consumer-facing web applications at scale or equivalent project work
- CS fundamentals and value thoughtfulness in engineering
- Experience or familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, ECS, Dynamo, CDK , etc )
- Experience or familiarity building with GraphQL APIs
- Experience writing Go in production-ready systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $107,500 - $152,500 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6975
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.