Software Engineer (Game Services)
20 days ago
We invite developers of diverse talent, skills and backgrounds to join our team.
We’re a group of committed developers with a broad range of origin stories, interests and skills. We craft fun experiences, engaging features and build tech to solve problems. We prefer to work in small, trusted, mixed teams, where everyone is encouraged to share their unique talents, but when we band together to accomplish more ambitious goals, it’s important to us that everyone is supported and has a voice.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Shared Tech Team who are a small, empowered, cross functional team with the goal to support other developers in game teams. You will:
- Develop software shared across the company, mainly written in C# but can use other tools as you find the need
- Own and deliver end to end, high quality, documented and tested tech solutions and tooling projects
- Contribute regularly to code shared between several teams and developers
- Provide direct help to the game development team if needed (embedding)
- Assist in project management and planning with insights and technical advice
- Act as an ambassador for development, both inside and outside of Space Ape
We welcome candidates with varying levels of experience and diverse backgrounds. You should have at least some of the skills we value most:
- Experience using C# or at least one C-style language
- Experience with the .NET ecosystem
- Experience developing tools for Android and iOS
- Experience with modern game engines, bonus points for Unity
- The ability to participate in code reviews, offering valuable insights and suggestions, and incorporating received feedback to enhance code quality and maintainability
- Testing mindset - understand the value of automated testing and writing testable software
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 6 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.