As a Software Engineer for Core Systems on our game engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you build is a very large and complex application that empowers our global community of 2M+ developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of the engine, from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge C++ software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing game engine team.
- Experienced: you've worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases
- Systems-level: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Platform-savvy: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: you are keen to learn and grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Find solutions which conserve battery on mobile devices while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles