Software Engineer - Engine
14 days ago
Our state-of-the-art MADNESS Engine fuels the most advanced simulation games in the world and we are seeking a skilled Software Engineer (Engine) to rise to this exciting challenge.
Slightly Mad Studio's Madness Engine is a definitive cross-platform engine and development framework with multi-core/processor architecture, low-level support layers designed for multi-threaded use, race-driver-verified physics, and class-leading tyre model.
This role requires strong C++ skills and an industry track record is essential.
General responsibilities and requirements include:
- Improve and maintain the Madness Game Engine used by all our games.
- Work with the Technical Director, department leads and programmers to design and implement the core engine functionality.
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines to deliver end-to-end functionality on time and to the required specification.
- Contribute to technical design documents
- Proven debugging and optimisation skills
- Excellent communication, time management & organisational skills
In addition to the above, applicants should show a good understanding of how game engines are implemented and will have the opportunity to:
- Take an active part in the design process working with other development departments
- Turn requirements into technical specifications and implementing resulting code, pipelines, and workflows
- Understand the importance of non-functional requirements (such as iteration speed) in the design or core systems and processes
- Contribute towards a variety of different code systems and ensuring that Madness Engine features are used to maximum effect
- Work with other programmers to interface with all project game code, and subsystems, including networking, physics, and tools
In return you will receive an exceptional benefits package including a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, discounted employee shares scheme, enhanced pension, private healthcare and dental plans for you and your family and much, much more!
If you have the skills we are looking for and are looking for the flexibility of working fully remote, then we would love to hear from you.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.