Software Engineer - Core Technology Group
10 days ago
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Software Engineer will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with architects and other engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Director to estimate, build, and improve technical solutions to challenging problems and provide excellent results.
What you will do as a Software Engineer:
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and game teams to create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements and advance our games technologies, architecture, and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs, SDKs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
We are looking for:
- Experience working with C++ and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with the game development industry and development on game consoles or embedded systems.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#
- Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST).
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and related debugging tools.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?