Software Engineer (Co-Op) - January 2022
12 days ago
Are you a 3rd or 4th-year student with a passion for video games? Do you have the desire to help create compelling interactive experiences for our players? Are you excited by the idea of working with iconic franchises from the Pixar and Disney Universe? Well, we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for aspiring Software Engineers to work with our experienced team of Engineers as part of a co-op program which begins in January and extends over a four (4) month term. During this time, you will work within a collaborative environment while gaining knowledge and first-hand experience in building Front End (Unity + Mobile) or Back End (NodeJS + Mongo) features. What you work on will be enjoyed by millions!
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Co-ops will have the opportunity to contribute to many areas of work, including:
- With the support of existing programmers, understand given requirements, write code, pass code reviews, build a test and deployment plan and get your features live!
- Act upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and hone features
- Working closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements that may arise
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are in 3rd or 4th year in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Are highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges and problem-solving.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
What will make you stand out:
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Passion for mobile free-to-play games
- Knowledge of relevant environments (Unity, NodeJS, Google Cloud are a plus)
- Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases is an asset
- Experience working on game related projects is an asset
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.