This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Audio (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Software Engineer, Audio (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft team is seeking an engineer to join the Tools team with a focus on audio programming and common audio tools. In this role, you will work closely with our audio department and tools team to build and refine audio workflows, technology, and features. You will advocate for audio technology in WoW.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do…
- Work closely with the audio team serving as the primary audio engineer of the team
- Maintain and improve custom audio tool features, usability, performance, and stability
- Identify and resolve audio pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Maintain collaborative connections with users and QA
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
To succeed, you must have…
- Passion for audio development and user experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We’re also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience with off-the-shelf sound engines such as FMOD or Wwise
- Music and/or Sound design experience - composing/arranging, sound design, synthesis, sampling, MIDI sequencing, audio engineering/mixing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- Familiarity with synchronizing sound to video and animations
- Math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.)
- Game audio programming experience
- Fluency in C++
- Knowledge of audio signal processing - mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.