This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, AR Unity
1 year ago
Are you passionate about building the core technology powering Niantic’s Augmented Reality Real World Platform? Niantic’s AR Engineering team is seeking Software Engineers to design and build Niantic’s Real World Platform. You will work on building Unity APIs and creating prototypes that showcase the future of AR. Your work will advance Niantic’s AR platform for the next generation of AR and wearable devices. It will also enable game developers to build engaging AR apps for a user base in the billions.
- Design and implement Niantic’s AR Real World Platform Unity APIs and tools for game teams.
- Build AR gameplay experiences, prototypes, and demos that showcase the future of AR with Niantic’s AR Real World Platform.
- Develop a full suite of tutorials to guide developers through the best practices of using Niantic’s AR Real World Platform.
- Be the go-to-expert to answer questions from other developers who use the Niantic's AR real-world platform
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a multi-person game studio.
- At least three years of professional experience building 3D games using Unity3D.
- Experience building shaders for Unity3D.
- Prior AR/VR development experience.
- Mobile or console game performance optimization experience.
- Experience using Metal/OpenGL/Vulkan or other 3D graphics development frameworks.
- Experience designing Unity APIs and tools.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.