Software Engineer - (6 months)
1 month ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our core systems and shared engine into the future. We are looking for Software Engineers who are strong at analyzing existing code bases and executing against technical designs. Bug fixing in existing features and tools and the addition of new, dev-only features will be the core of your experience.
We are a creative group and appreciate unique solutions to the complex technical problems you will face. We highly value those with the flexibility and patience to adjust to changing priorities. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the team.
This is a hybrid role based in Orlando.
- You will work with a small team to design and develop appropriate test modules to improve the stability of the development and live product.
- Merge code and data between multiple development lines.
- Debug and fix issues in the product or in the tools used to develop the product.
- Directly support engineers through all stages of development.
- Propose, document, and implement changes that will improve team processes.
- Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
- Communicate priorities with partner teams.
- Evaluate risk level of actions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on an existing code base.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and then the ability to re-prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to communicate with people across all different development team ranks, disciplines, and skill sets.
- Familiarity with version control software.
- Familiarity with common development tools.
- Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.