This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Manager - Technology Group, Amazon Games
20 days ago
The Amazon Games Technology Group is changing the way game developers turn innovative ideas into game-changing player-facing features. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to grow and lead teams to deliver technical solutions to multiple AAA game development projects.
In this role, you will lead and grow a team of talented Engineers to deliver online services that make it easier, faster, and cheaper to bootstrap, develop, launch and operate games at Amazon scale to Amazon's high operational standards. You will drive the development, launch, and operations of new hosted services supporting multiple game titles. Your work will set the bar for operational excellence in the games industry. You will translate customer requests into common technology impacting multiple projects. You will collaborate closely with your customer teams, translating ambiguous game development problem sets into future-proof features and services that will benefit all games in the Amazon Games portfolio.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive development teams to build a technical strategy and direction to develop, deliver, and operate a framework of tools and services shared across multiple AAA game projects in various stages of game development.
- Translate Ambiguous problems from multiple development teams into actionable development roadmaps with 1, 3, and 5 year time horizons.
- Use data to drive your teams sustainably.
- Communicate inclusively: actively listen to your customers and leverage their feedback as avenues for growth. Empower your diverse teams to facilitate contributions from every team member.
A day in the life
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. You will have the chance to explore, innovate and enable Amazon Games to deliver great gaming experience for customers around the world.
About the team
*Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth*
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 3+ years of leading development of applications backed by AWS services or using other cloud based technologies and services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- 5+ years of Games Industry (supporting title Development, Release, or Live Ops) experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $148,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $287,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.