Software Development Manager - Ad Traffic Quality
25 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch's business model, and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Ad Measurement team, you'll be part of a passionate and customer-obsessed team working to prove Twitch is the best advertising platform for creators and advertisers alike.
Twitch is looking for versatile engineers with the curiosity and creativity to develop massively scalable services, integrations, and data processing pipelines that support our advertising business. As a senior engineer, you should be comfortable contributing to technical strategy, architecture design, and engineering excellence at the team and organization levels. You will report to an engineering director and work with engineers, product managers, and program managers to build products that delight our customers.
As the leader in live-streaming, Twitch is home to unique opportunities and challenges in the advertising space, and the Ad Measurement team sits at the intersection. If you're excited about joining our team and having an outsize impact on Twitch and its creators, come work with us!
- Develop and operate new product features on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing services used to power the Twitch advertising platform
- Improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of the engineers around you
- Contribute to overall team and organization technical strategy and architecture design
- Work across teams, organizations, and third parties to provide value to our customers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in Go, Java, Python, C++, or similar languages
- 5+ years experience developing and operating low-latency distributed services, and/or high-volume data processing workflows
- Experience refining technical strategy and mentoring engineers
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem of services (Lambda, EC2, RDS, Dynamo, or CloudWatch)
- Experience with data pipelines (Kinesis, Airflow, Redshift, or Spark)
- Experience with web development (React, TypeScript, Jest)
- Experience with mobile development (Android, iOS)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the container ecosystem
- Familiarity with the ad industry and ad measurement space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW6979
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.