Software Development Engineer in Test
12 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, PGA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and WWE 2K.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
As our Quality Assurance and Core Technology teams continue to grow, we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate SDET to join our team. Your position will see you test back-end service tools, pipelines and results to ensure these remain valid and function correctly throughout the development lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to help develop and improve our automation and continuous integration processes. Reports to the Lead and/or Manager.
- Collaborate to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Design, implement and modify hooks, harnesses, automated solutions, and tests at every level
- Influence architectural discussions to enable testing for correctness, scalability, and fault-tolerance
- Analyze test output to identify patterns that influence software quality and report those findings
- Work with both internal and outsourced teams
- Produce comprehensive documentation for internal and external use
- Help mentor more junior staff in areas of technical expertise
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Sound grasp of automated test principles, patterns, and applications
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- A passion for giving gamers amazing customer experiences
- Capable with SQL Databases and source control (e.g.: Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in an SDET role writing tests for web applications and/or APIs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware
- Excellent attention to detail, while handling ambiguity
- Proven prioritization and scheduling demands in a fluid environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, occasionally lift 20 lbs., and move between floors
- Familiarity with other scripted and compiled languages e.g., python, shell, Java, C++, C#, php
- Knowledge of commercial online game platforms e.g., Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Steam
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized environments
- Experience in performance and load testing online services
- Administration of Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools
- Passion for the gaming industry
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.