This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer in Test, SDET (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
12 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Contract
San Francisco, CA
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to great restaurants, museums and nightlife.
We're looking for a bright, confident, take-charge individual who has deep experience in UI and mobile testing space and can strategize Quality effectively with engineering teams. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft of software engineering and have proven to be great at it. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed application, early test development and automation wherever possible, and all sorts of other things to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems.
What you'll do:
- Build automation framework for web interfaces, API, Mobile Web and React Native mobile application using open Source and licensed tools (Appium, React Native, Sauce Labs) for Android and iOS devices.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Expand testing and automation across development teams to promote ownership of quality.
This role will require knowledge of:
- Testing – you have studied and practiced a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – you have an interest in test automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches. To support this, you also have working knowledge of a modern programming language
- Agile software development – you understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. You are comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your team
- Mobile technologies – you are very comfortable working with IOS and Android application. You know how to apply various tools and techniques to test mobile and web application
- Web applications – you understand the key challenges related to building a multi-tenant high-volume web application responsible for sensitive student data supporting both desktop and mobile devices and can articulate your experience in this context. You are comfortable drawing an architecture diagram of the system under test
- Performance - You are passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
- Experience in client-side performance analysis for web and mobile application
- Contributed or maintainer of any open source projects
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.