Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), B&OP, Ecommerce
7 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), B&OP, Ecommerce
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games and systems is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating test automation, test frameworks and testing tools? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality
- Mentor other engineers and provide technical guidance to individuals and teams
- Share insights, solutions and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- Passion for Quality Assurance
- Strong, proven programming skills Java (preferred), C#, or another object-oriented language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET, software engineer or similar role with focus on quality
- Expert with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Fluency in Java, Junit, and TestNG
- Experience in team collaboration and development of engineering talent
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Automation experience with APIs and Websites
- Performance and stress testing
- Experience with CICD pipeline solutions
- Experience working with large Java code base
- Experience in Ecommerce technologies/platforms/services to design test for web services, messaging middleware, security, micro-services, and n-tier architectures
- AWS/GCP experience
- Understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Experience with TestRail and JIRA
- Ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!