Software Development Engineer - Video Ingest
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to outstanding esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where brings everyone together to develop their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog!
About the Role
Come and be part of Twitch's Video Ingest team! Our Playback Edge team is looking for an Engineer to join us the team. You will work on development of the Live Video Playback APIs for Twitch and IVS. Our team manages public APIs that player clients use and we are also responsible for providing an interface for our own video distribution network. We are part of a bigger Video Ingest team, that manages everything from the broadcasting data entering our systems to processed video handed off for distribution.
We are working with client teams to provide more capabilities and ensure features. The team also works on projects where we build tooling and processes that help multiple teams working on a live video system. Our projects include a tool that allows engineers to run the whole video stack on their computers and a continuous integration testing platform for multiple teams to use.
You will report to the Engineering Manager for Video Ingest and you will focus on discovering creative solutions to increase up video playback to collaborate on new ways to serve video faster than current implementations. We have a very unique opportunity to shape the future of the video industry and your goal to help solve challenging problems will contribute to its success. You will get exposure to all this, while having a fun and supportive culture at your disposal.
- Help contribute to the code and architecture of services under Video Ingest - Playback Edge Team
- Develop highly scalable services and libraries using Golang and AWS services
- Help maintain the existing infrastructure allowing broadcasters to stream live video to Twitch & IVS
- BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience building scalable distributed systems
- Passion for raising operational excellence, enhancing observability into systems
- Experience working with distributed systems at scale
- Worked on systems that had video playback component
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages,etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.