This job might no longer be available.
Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
10 days agoAbout ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.The Role
- Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
- Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
- Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to empower our QA process through tools development and bridging the technical gaps between groups. In this role, you will construct the tools necessary to efficiently test a diverse set of games at all stages of development, from concept through post-launch. It requires the ability to build a long-term vision for the tools you create while simultaneously being able to pivot to meet the immediate needs of our customers.
Who You Are
What You Will Do
- You have a passion for the quality of your products
- You can build, manage, and maintain a diverse set of tools
- You understand the unique challenges of testing video games
- You have never met a roadblock that you can’t overcome with code
- You can pivot quickly to meet the changing needs of effective QA
- Contribute to automated test frameworks and tools
- Work with QA to architect Test tools that validate the quality of games more effectively
- Develop expertise with the Unreal engine to ensure focus on testing the highest-impact areas and diagnosing problems as quickly as possible
- Collect/expose relevant data from tests to help QA prioritize testing efforts and bug severity
Nice to Have
- Ability to code in at least one C based language (C++, C#, Python, …)
- Experience with a full cycle of software development and testing as a contributor in any role
Our commitment to you
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine. Especially Blueprints!
- Experience authoring or editing functional client automation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.