This job might no longer be available.
Software Developer- Consumer Experience
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Developer -Consumer Experience
San Mateo, CA
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be working in a dynamic environment within the global Consumer Experience team where you will maintain and develop solutions to meet business objectives. You will also have the opportunity to drive solutions from concept to completion, and mentor other team members.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new solutions.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new solutions or systems and for resolution of issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems. Teams will be local and global.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Salesforce development and customization (Apex, VisualForce, Lightning, etc.). Salesforce Platform Developer Certification required.
- Solid understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Proven experience with GIT and code management tools
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages and methods.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Strong communication skills and ability to create professional presentations for peers and management. Effective written and verbal communication skills adapted to the intended audience.
- Experience working and communicating within a global context.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 4 - 7 years of related work experience with Salesforce and Salesforce integrations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.