Software Dev Engineer I - Game Ads Innovation
5 days ago
Are you ready to lead the design and implementation of a new approach to ML-driven advertising? Amazon Game Publishing Services is looking for the right hands-on Software Development Engineer to build the foundation of a disruptive advertising system set to revolutionize customer acquisition for Game Developers. Imagine layering the strength of Amazon’s assets with the power of Machine Learning to build a disruptive programmatic service for game developers.
We are a lean and fast-paced start-up funded by Amazon Web Services, working with the world’s leading game companies to drive usage, engagement and revenue for the world’s top gaming titles and future hits on Console, PC and Mobile. As an initial member of the founding team you will have unparalleled access, scope and impact.
You and your team will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this service. You will participate in product direction, planning, and execution of some of our most strategic technical projects that will delight our customers and make significant business impact. You are comfortable with being at the forefront of technology and are excited about shaping the future of programmatic advertising. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter, passionate leader who strives to deliver world-class products and loves working in a fast-paced team. You are customer-obsessed and data-driven.
Key responsibilities include:
· Software Development Engineers at Amazon get to build, test, and maintain systems that they own, as well as influence the roadmap for their systems.
· Partner with data scientists and data engineers to apply ML, statistics or econometrics techniques to develop and analyze prototype models.
· Partner closely with product and data science teams to improve the advertising performance and translate prototype models to production.
· Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes to enable large scale model development, validation, and implementation.
· Create measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload, and have fun while doing it
· Work in a diverse and distributed team
· 1+ years of industry experience in experience in Software Development
· 1+ years of experience in Java and Python building cloud-native services/applications in a public cloud such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 1+ years of equivalent industry experience
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, PySpark)
· Experience with AWS primitives such as Lambda, API Gateway, Redshift, AWS Glue, and SageMaker.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .