This job might no longer be available.
Software Architect, Production Engineering - Legends of Runeterra
Los Angeles, California, United States
6 months ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in multiple broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technology, building creative and fresh solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide positive player value.
As a Software Architect and Technical Lead on the Legends of Runeterra team, you will set architectural direction, foster craft excellence, and set technical standards directly for a team of 4-8 engineers and contribute to guidance for the entire LoR team. On our PE and Core Technology team, you will concentrate on building the tools and capabilities that enable our developers to deliver content to a live, game-as-a-service Collectible Card Game (CCG) on PC and Mobile. This includes CI/CD, developer workflow improvements, and the content delivery systems that underpin every feature of our game.
Player-Focused: You have strong player empathy, and you want to find solutions that make players excited to earn new experiences through gameplay. You want to ensure that when players spend money in our game they feel good before, during, and after their purchase.
A Tool Builder: You’re passionate about empowering Artists and Designers to accomplish their ideas in the game with minimal engineering assistance. You’re happy to listen to them and understand their needs, on the way to building high-quality tools that empower them in their work.
Excited to Learn: Our Core Tech team helps us solve a wide range of technology challenges, from tool building, to CI/CD, to content delivery pipelines. We don’t expect anyone to know it all. But you are the consummate generalist, willing to dive into new technologies, and learn the skills needed to make the project a success.
- Deliver high quality software to Provide direct technical leadership for a team of 4-8 software engineers
- Collaborate with other tech leads to set architectural direction, foster craft excellence, and set technical standards across the entire Legends of Runeterra engineering team
- Collaborate with multiple development disciplines (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to improve their efficiency and developer experience
- Mentor other engineers
- Code review the work of other Software Engineers on the team
- 6+ collective years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Experience working closely with non-engineering collaborators to provide value to a team
- OO experience in C#, Java, C++, or similar technologies
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Groovy, etc
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
The Tech Lead in this role will work on a wide array of technology challenges. Ideal candidates will have broad experience, including in one or more of the following:
- Professional experience building Games
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with Content Delivery tools and pipelines
- Mobile App and/or Multi-platform development experience
- Release Management experience, including building tools
- Experience with automated client testing
- Experience in Unity, C#, and/or Python
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.